Tati Westbrook’s Brutal Take Down Of James Charles: “My Receipts Are Stacked Thick”
Come one, come all, sisters, because we’ve got some maaaaaaajor tea to spill right now. Beauty guru Tati Westbrook just posted a 45 minute video where she slams her former friend James Charles for, basically, being a sh*tty friend and all-around person. This is the second tea video this month making fans question James Charles’s motives — the first, of course, being the one where he was accused of sexual harassment by an ex-crush. [Side note: he denied the allegations and said his crush was leading him on.]
The video starts with a one-minute compilation showing how supportive Tati’s been of him — repping his merch, collaborating with him, and talking about how talented he is for his age. The drama, however, started a few weeks ago when the 37-year-old said she felt very lost in the beauty YouTuber world in an Instagram Story, saying she felt “lied to” and “disrespected” when it came to Halo Beauty Vitamins because her supposed-friend James Charles was supporting a direct competitor of hers, Sugar Bear Hair, publicly. James for his part said that he posted the ad for them not for money, but because they helped him with a Coachella security issue and he wanted to show his gratitude. Very beauty-oriented tea, we know.
If you're scared to speak up… it's usually a sign that you should.
— Tati Westbrook (@GlamLifeGuru) May 10, 2019
Now, Tati’s having the last word. “James Charles, he had nine days after Coachella to talk to me, he knows where I live, it’s not far from him, he could’ve come face-to-face and chatted with me because he knew that this would hurt me; we’ve had plenty of in-person conversations that were at length about other influencers doing the same deal and him not liking Sugar Bear Hair.”
She said early on in their friendship, “There’s something about him that I just adore and love and he’ll grow out of this and he’ll mature.” But, “There’s so much going on with James right now that I do not support, [and] that I do not agree with. Fame, power and a fat bank account will change almost anyone. And if you don’t have people that tell you to your face that you’re doing the wrong things you will change.” Speaking to James directly, she said, “I tried to be that person to you James, I really tried. I don’t think there is any getting through to you and I don’t want to be friends with you. I don’t want to be associated with you and I need to say that very publicly so that this chapter can just be closed.”
Not going to lie, the Sugar Bear v. Halo drama isn’t really why this tea is so hawt. It’s more the other James Charles gossip she spilled that we’re just freaking out over.
Some of the most scalding tidbits below:
1. He leaks gossip to the press: “I found out that he had been giving his side [of the story] to drama channels. He had been in contact with plenty of them… My receipts are stacked thick.”
2. His friends are fakes: “A lot of people who are buddy-buddy with him right now have not always had his best interest.”
3. She paid for his flight and hotel when he came to her wedding because he couldn’t afford it.
4. Tati and her husband helped him go from $100 per video to $2,500 “immediately.”
5. They got in a fight after the Jaclyn Hill launch party “Everybody was over at my house, we were all talking. Things were said that I can not un-hear at my dining room table, I can not un-hear it. When I confronted him on it, he cried, he apologized…
6. He wanted to do a docuseries “exposing the beauty community,” but Tati convinced him not to because his pitch seemed super entitled. “Get off your high horse and have some respect,” she says she told him.
7. Tati backed up those sexual harassment allegations, saying he called her after her birthday in Seattle and told her things that made her super uncomfortable: “Oh my god, you tried to trick a straight man into thinking he’s gay, yet again. And somehow you’re the victim? It’s really disgusting to manipulate someone’s sexuality.”
8. He talked about giving a bl*wjob at her birthday dinner.
9. “So what? I’m a celebrity,” he allegedly said to Tati after she told him to stop trying to hook up with the waiter because he’s straight.
She said it takes a lot for her to write someone off and there are even some things that she has heard that are so “gross.” You can watch her complete video below: